The entry period for the 2017 Lexi Rudnitsky First Book Prize in Poetry is open between September 1–October 31, 2016. Manuscripts must be submitted electronically via Submittable.
The Lexi Rudnitsky First Book Prize (formerly the Lexi Rudnitsky Poetry Prize) is a collaboration between Persea Books and The Lexi Rudnitsky Poetry Project. This annual competition sponsors the publication of a poetry collection by a woman who has yet to publish a full-length book of poems. The winner receives an advance of $1,000.00 and publication of her collection by Persea.
In addition, the winner receives the option of an all-expenses-paid residency at the Civitella Ranieri Center, a renowned artists retreat housed in a fifteenth-century castle in Umbertide, Italy.
Submission and Eligibility Guidelines:
• Entrants must be women who are U.S. citizens and/or currently residing in the United States.
• Submitted manuscripts should include a title page, including the title of the submission only, and a paginated table of contents. There should be no identifying material, acknowledgments, or thank-yous on the title page or elsewhere in the submission.
• Submissions should be at least 40 pages with the title of the collection included on each page as a header or footer, if possible.
• Submissions must be primarily in English to be considered.
• For the purposes of this contest, a previously published full-length book of poems is defined as a volume of more than 40 pages, in an edition of 500 or more copies, that has been made readily available through trade distribution (i.e. local and/or on-line booksellers, including Amazon.com).
• As of 2015, submissions are accepted only via Submittable between September 1st and October 31st.